Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this link

Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

UA3596 EYW-EWR E170 4 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA4008 SAV-EWR E145 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
20Feb2020 UA 286 BNA-DEN delayed 20+ hours

Brakes were supposedly smoking when it came to the gate. Maintenance guys looked at it with their hands in their pockets for an hour and backed their truck into the unoccupied jetbrdge next door, and creased the Sheetmetal top on his van. then ran over a set of wheel chocks. Confidence inspiring. There was little to no communication for the first 4 hours. I eventually rerouted on got to Den by midnight. The plane is still at BNA.

Horrible communication of the issue. They did bring out a cart of snacks, and I’m officially sick of waffenstruedels now, especially cold.

i was willing to wait out the work if they would protect me on a flight the next day, but they said on the phone that they can’t do it. A 1k standing next to me said they had done it for him, but I’m a lowly Plat? Something about inventory control and if they try to book me on both flights it will kick it out of the system and I won’t have any reservation.

I tried to rebook but they were trying to send me through Charlotte or New Jersey with half an hour connections and I said no. I who could and called back in about 10 minutes later and I think I got the same representative? Is there software that tries to route you to the same person if they’re available? He got a little snippy with me so I pulled a Karen and asked for a manager. We started out a little rough but she definitely understood my frustration with the lack of communication and just trying to get home so we eventually worked out a pretty sweet ride back. As long as they get me to where I’m going on the day I want to I am willing to let a lot slide. It’s when you burn a day because of their systems that I’m not cool with it.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
So three flights this year have been delayed or cancelled in 2020?

I don’t think this thread is working the right way.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
UA1725 SFO-OGG diverted to Kona.? Seems an odd diversion. Now my 1722 flight to SFO From OGG will depart late, leaving me a 16 minute connection if current times are right. Grrrr. I think there’s a later LAS flight that I’ll look into. Anyone have a guess on why the diversion to Kona?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
... Anyone have a guess on why the diversion to Kona?
1725/17MAR
P SFO/OUT 851A L00.06 EST OFF 915AMAINTENANCE
P SFO/OFF 911A
P KOA/ON 1102A
P KOA/IN 1112A
F KOA/ETD 1214P
P HNL/ETA 1104A FLAG STOP-INTERM-ETD 1124A PREVIOUS STOP SFO
F HNL/ETA CXLD ETD CXLD
P OGG/ETA 1101A E00.14
F OGG/ETA 1250P L01.35
D FCF/DVRT KOA ENRT SFO-OGG A/☨
D FCF/DVRT KOA ENRT SFO-OGG A/

SKED SFO ORIG 845A GTD F19 SHIP 2476
OGG 1115A TERM GTA 29
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
We had a single engine Cessna crash mid morning. https://mauinow.com/2020/03/17/small...-airport-maui/
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Confirmed on later SFO-LAS flight. Now thinking of Hail Mary food voucher ‘cuz I’m hungry.

Edit: Swapped back to earlier flight when I found out there were 21 other connecting passengers and got upgraded to 2A in process

Air ball on voucher...

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Mar 17, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.